Sunday, April 4, 2010

my kids a late bloomer

My thirty six year old daughter had her first football practise today. She tells me she is pretty good, solid on her feet and hard to push over. I could have told her that. She is playing full contact tackle football. Somehow I am more worried about her than I am about my grandsons playing. Is this her mid life crisis? Or has the fact that she has lost more than 50 pounds made her want to feel her body move in a way that was not possible before? As a very physical person myself, I believe the second reason. Besides as mid life crisis's go playing football would be fairly tame.

Maybe she will want to join her nephew and me in our challenge race on his fourteenth birthday. She claims to have run 60 yards in 9.something seconds......she too would have to give me a large headstart. My grandson has already agreed to give me 26 yards in a 56 yard race. He is so going to get crushed. I sincerely hope he won't be psychologically damaged from being annihilated by his grandmother.
There's a word for what I'm doing right now....bravado, I think, trying to convince someone....mostly myself.
This blogging is great. I get to dump all my thoughts out there without trying to figure them out. In a diary I would be concerned about privacy, here there is no such possibility. What fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment