Sunday, April 4, 2010

teenagers

Wow, I just hung up from conversation with my newly fourteen year old grandson. Since he was away for his birthday and I work away from home lots so we have been trying to figure out an appropriate celebration. Barry and I wanted to offer him a day to do something with us that would be fun and memorable, a day we would all cherish. He suggested rock climbing. Barry is in line for a new knee soon and my backside is not conducive to hauling it up a wall with a bunch of people below viewing at an angle I have been careful to hide.
We had day trips in our thoughts and I mentioned that. My grandson mentioned his mother, my football playing daughter, told him we had suggested the gopher museum. Laughing, he said it sounded like a museum about gophers. Teenagers, you just can't get anything past them. The thing is that once he sees the museum he will wish he had invented it. It really is gophers and if you haven't been to Torrington, Alberta to see it you cannot say you have been to all the great museums of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment